AddThis

Bookmark and Share

The Ship That Never Sails

Posted by Jason Rigby | Posted in | Posted on 1:37 PM

The Ship That Never Sails: "

I collapsed in laughter this morning when I saw the picture on page one of the newspaper. I live in Long Beach, California, home of the Queen Mary. The great ship sailed the oceans regally for many a year, it carried the world's elite and during World War II it carried troops. In 1969 the grand old ship was retired to Long Beach. It is now a tourist attraction, not a really good one, but it continues to draw patrons from around the world. I have been out to the ship a few times, it has restaurants, a beautiful hotel, and an interesting tour if you like the musk of a once majestic lady. -What caused me to spew my coffee was the picture of a fine gentleman in a Naval Officer's uniform, he was the current Captain of the Queen Mary. That is right, the Captain of a ship that never sails.


read more

"

Comments (0)

Post a Comment