AddThis

Bookmark and Share

DAY ONE! Of Simplifying my Life as a Disciple of Jesus

Posted by Jason Rigby | Posted in | Posted on 3:19 PM

Today I am beginning a journey of simplicity as a disciple of Jesus. When I look at Jesus’ life and the way he lived I see strak contrasts in the way I live here in America. Western Culture with its worship of the idols of consumerism and individualism has led us down the road away from what Jesus has in-store for his disciples. I refuse to allow the things that I own to own me. I will not get my identity in my stuff, so the journey starts today…

Step 1: for me is to clean my office to go through all my books several thousand and clean out all the titles I will not read, or do not line up with Jesus’ philosophy. I will also work on making my office minimalist. No extra, no clutter, no mess! Just what I need to study the Bible and properly work as a teaching pastor/elder.

I will leave you with these verses to meditate on:

John 13:36-38 ESV Simon Peter said to him, "Lord, where are you going?" Jesus answered him, "Where I am going you cannot follow me now, but you will follow afterward." (37) Peter said to him, "Lord, why can I not follow you now? I will lay down my life for you." (38) Jesus answered, "Will you lay down your life for me? Truly, truly, I say to you, the rooster will not crow till you have denied me three times.

This dialogue between Jesus and Peter shows a reality in each of us that we “say” we will lay our life down for Him, but in our day-to-day lifestyle, we live for us and deny Him!

"You can always recognize truth by its beauty and simplicity."—Richard Feynman (1918–1988)

Comments (0)

Post a Comment